Designed by: Michele Foster
Pattern code: A4A-103
Finished size: 10" x 6" each
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: Fused appliqué
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [8 pages]
Price: $6.00 (USD)
Impress your friends and family with these colourful and easy-to-make Patchwork Christmas Mug Rugs. Each mug rug finishes at 10" x 6". They make the perfect hostess gift, teacher’s gift and stocking stuffers for your loved ones. Make up a bunch in advance for last-minute gift giving this holiday season.
The pattern includes two fused appliqué designs (ornaments and trees) and instructions for using fabric scraps to make your own colourful patchwork fabric. Full-sized placement guides and a separate pattern page are provided. Detailed instructions, hints & tips, product recommendations and colour photos are provided throughout.
The requirements below are for making both the Patchwork Ornaments and Patchwork Trees mug rugs.
- Various scraps approximately 3 to 4"
- One (1) 8" x 11" piece of light weight muslin or broadcloth (inexpensive)
- One (1) 8" x 11" piece of lightweight fusible woven interfacing (optional)
- Two (2) 10.25" x 6.25" for appliqué background fabric
- Scrap of brown fabric for the tree trunks
- Two (2) 11" x 7" pieces backing fabric
- Two (2) strips 2.25" x 40" for binding
- Half yard paper-backed fusible web (such as Wonder Under or Heat’n Bond Lite)
- Two (2) 10.25" x 6.25" pieces of lightweight fusible woven interfacing or wash away stabilizer
- Two (2) 11" x 7" pieces batting
- General quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, etc.)
The first three items above are used in making the colourful Patchwork Fabric. If you wish, you can use scraps of cotton fabrics for the appliqué shapes instead of making your own fabric as shown in the samples.
This quilt design, tutorial and photos are copyright Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. Please respect copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. for the design. No mass production is allowed.