Designed by: Michele Foster
Pattern code: A4A-102
Finished size: 38″ W x 22″ H (adjustable)
Skill level: Beginner
Techniques: Fused appliqué, pieced borders
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [9 pages]
Price: $6.00 (USD)
Love-ly Garden is a fusible appliqué quilt project. It can be used as a wall hanging or table runner. Choose a fabulous border that you love for your focus fabric. Pull coordinating colours from your focus fabric for your heart-shaped flower petals, centres, grass and leaves. An actual placement layout has not been provided. You decide how you want to build your garden.
The finished table runner/wall hanging size is 38" x 22" and it can be made larger if desired.
- 14" x 30" solid for the background
- 2 yards ¼"-wide green bias or ric-rac for stems
- 2.5" x 30" green fabric for the grass
- scraps of fabric that coordinate with your border for the flowers (heart petals & centres) and leaves
- ¾ yard focus fabric for the border and binding
- ¾ yard piece backing fabric
- 24" x 40" piece of batting
- ½" yard fusible web
- pattern templates (included in the pattern)
- fabric glue stick (optional)
- General quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, etc.)
Quilting in Progress
This quilt design, tutorial and photos are copyright Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. Please respect copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. for the design. No mass production is allowed.