Designed by: Michele Foster
Pattern code: A4A-116
Finished size: 14″ x 35″
Skill Level: Beginner
Pattern Format: PDF files (download and save instantly)
Price: $8.00 (USD)
Cobblestone Mat is a super fun table runner to make. The design consists of just squares and rectangles, and it’s beginner-friendly. You can choose five coordinating or contrasting fabrics to use. This table runner is a great afternoon piecing project. Table runners make excellent gifts.
- Quick and easy table runner, with step-by-step, detailed instructions and diagrams
- Fat quarter-friendly project
- Easily add more blocks to make the table runner larger
- Full colour pattern.
- Blank drawings to plan your colours.
- Five coordinating (or contrasting) fat quarters. You will cut an equal number of pieces from each fat quarter. You will have enough of the fat quarter fabric left, should you wish to create a scrappy binding.
- ¼ yard of binding fabric.
- ½ yard of fabric for the backing.
- 17″ x 38″ piece of batting.
- General sewing and quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread).
For the quilting, I used Aurifil 12wt thread to add dimension to my diagonal cross-hatching design.
This pattern was first available as a swap project. Quilters from around the world purchased the pattern and made a new quilting friend. They then completed the pattern and sent it to their friend. Click here to see some of their photos.
This quilt design, tutorial and photos are copyright Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. Please respect copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. for the design. No mass production is allowed.