Designed by: Michele Foster
Pattern code: A4A-101
Finished size: 19″ square
Skill level: Beginner
Techniques: Fused appliqué, flange (optional), pieced borders
Format: PDF file (download and save instantly) [11 pages]
Price: $6.00 (USD)
Christmas Ornaments is a fusible appliqué quilt pattern. The finished project can be used as a wall hanging or table runner. It is very quick and easy to put together. You can add embellishments if you like, such as buttons, cording, beads, etc. The pattern includes a detailed photo tutorial and a full-page pattern layout for tracing and placement of the appliqué shapes.
- 13" square of fabric for the background of the appliqué
- Six (6) or more five inch (5") charms or scraps for the Christmas ornaments (I used nine (9) charms)
- 13" square of iron-on tear-away stabilizer (I used Sulky Totally Stable)
- Fusible webbing, such as Wonder Under or Heat-n-Bond Lite
- Two (2) 7/8" strips red for the flange, sub-cut: four (4) 7/8" x 13"
- Four (4) 1.5" squares black for the inner border corner stones
- Two (2) 1.5" strips yellow for the inner border, sub-cut: four (4) 1.5" x 12.5" and eight (8) 1.5" x 3"
- Two (2) 3" strips green for the outer border, sub-cut: four (4) 3" x 12.5" and four (4) 3" squares
- Three (3) 2.5" strips binding
- 20" x 5" piece for hanging sleeve (if desired)
- 23" square of batting
- 23" square of backing fabric
- General quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, etc.)
This quilt design, tutorial and photos are copyright Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. Please respect copyright and do not copy the tutorial or republish it, for free or for sale, in print or online. You may use this tutorial for your own personal use to create products for free or for sale. However, please credit Michele Foster of Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co. for the design. No mass production is allowed.